Your Sofa is one of the most important pieces of furniture in your living room or family room. You want the energy of your sofa to be perfect for the comfort and harmony in your home.
Here are few Feng shui tips and things to keep in mind about where to place your sofa:
1) Don’t place your sofa directly facing the main door. This can create diminished prosperity. If you must do this, put a plant or a small piece of furniture between the sofa and your front door to break up the energy rushing in your front door. This will protect those sitting on it. It is perfectly okay if the couch faces the door of a room, but not the front entry door.
2) It’s best not to have a light directly above the sofa hanging from the roof or to have the sofa located under a beam. It’s also best not to place a mirror behind the sofa. Sometimes people do this to make the room look bigger. If you do this, take good look what it is reflecting. It is something that will enhance the energy and prosperity in your home? You could be enhancing things that are good or bad.
3) A good place for a sofa is against the wall because it gives you support. By placing the sofa against the window or door, there is no support for sofa. A second sofa or smaller one can have a window behind it. Also important to remember is that you do not put a fish tank behind the sofa.
4) Avoid too many pieces of furniture for the size of your room causing the living room to become crowded. In a crowded room the energy gets stagnant and blocked, creating obstacles to success for your family members
5) The shape of sofa is also important as the sofa places such a key role in living room. L-shaped couches are not the best. A U-shaped or semi-circular shaped coach can help you retain more good energy. Of course a rectangle couch is also acceptable.