Feng Shui for Your Garage
Who would ever think you could have good energy in a garage? The garage is very much a part of the energy of your whole house. Even though you don’t spend as much time there as other parts of the house you can enhance the energy there.
First, place an item that represents the energy of its location there:
- If it is the South, a fire item or color
- If it is the North, a water item or color
- If it is the East or Southeast, a wood item or color
- If it is the West or Northwest, a metal item or color
- If it is Southwest or Northeast, an earth item or color
Next, organize and systematize by placing shelves, bins, and containers so the garage doesn’t look cluttered and unsightly. Oh – and even though it is a garage, uncluttered means ‘clean’.
Next, light, light, light! Make sure you have enough light so you don’t think you’ve entered a dark, dank dungeon every time you enter.
And finally – don’t be shocked when I say, decorate. I know you won’t put throw rugs; pillow and mirrors, however there are many things you can put in your garage to add personality and energy. Shockingly, many people actually paint their garage to make it a more enjoyable place or paint a mural on a wall.